Saturday, June 20, 2020

That was a long break...


 I had picked up strong again in 2016 with new ideas on what I wanted to see and do with this blog and was pretty excited about it. Unfortunately 2016 was also when I became ill and have struggled the last 4 years to get my life back and live again. I’m still taking steps to get there, and one of those things is engaging in my interests and projects. I didn’t stop my research altogether, but instead began to organize my files better and meanwhile made great strides in my Smith and Olsen lines. I just failed to share those findings here. 

     My husband’s Guela passed away and an influx of photos came to our phones from Texas. I wanted to share, but I didn’t have the energy or time to create blog posts so I recently created and Instagram account for the blog where I have a central place to post photos and documents as they come in without having to be creative about it. This way family who follow will be able to see and save photos of family they may not have. It is also my hope for extended family to email me with what they have and have so that I can post it there and have a central location for all family to come and browse and save what they’d like to. 
   If you’d like to be a part of this project please email me Any media you’d like to share at DLJonssonL@gmail.com. 
   The name of the Instagram account is quite simple. IStalkDeadPeople, of course! This is for all lines of family. Last name hashtags are applied so if you don’t feel like browsing and are looking for something in particular you can search that way. 
   A collaborative effort from all family on all sides would really make this take off and allow others to stay close and share memories that may arise upon seeing these photos. Stories are important! This will be a great way to collect them. 

      Last week, my family lost the last of Ida and Henry Wille’s children, Verda Wille. If you’ve arrived here after speaking to my dad Jon at the funeral, I’m glad you’re here! He told me there was interest from some cousins on me sharing what I’ve gathered on the Willes. (And Buermesters, Muellers, Boeckenhauers....) I have been concentrating on getting very detailed histories of my maternal Smith and Olsen families but with the passing of Aunt Verda I feel obliged to jump back over to my Willes. 
    I’d really love to gather more oral histories on Grandma and Grandpa Wille and their parents (and their parents) so if anyone would like to write up memories and moments you remember with your grandparents I will gladly share them here. Oral histories give the generations to come an idea of who their family members were and it brings them to life in their eyes. I strongly encourage you to take some time whenever a memory pops up and write it out! These are treasures that will be lost if no one shares them. Just go ahead and email me and we’ll get it posted so other cousins can share in the memory. 

    I realize this is a kind of “dry” post. An update was necessary and one big blog post about all of it seemed the best way to go. 
    Also, family support and enthusiasm for family history from other members by contributions will give me the boost I need during the times I find it difficult to keep going. Collaboration has always been a dream of mine here and I hope more of us sign on to share information in a central location where all can enjoy. That would be amazing! 

    My email is open! Anytime you’re ready, at DLJonssonL@gmail.com

Love and blessings to you all ❤️
Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment